Hello! Rose question...

Sorry I haven't been able to participate lately.  Bill and I are spending
our weekends running back and forth to Indianapolis and trying to play
catch-up during the week.

Mother has a rose that my brother nearly killed by letting a tree grow
through it.  We chopped the tree, but now we have three spindly looking
briars that are still green.  Since we will be selling the house and my
brother killed off mother's family peonies, I want to move this rose (a pass
a long plant from an aunt that my father loved and that gives mom joy too)
to Dayton, but I need advice to make certain it survives the trip.  What
would all of you suggest?  It is an old fashioned rose that bloomed
sporadically throughout the summer and fall--bright red blossoms that are
highly fragrant, and possibly a climber as briars are 6' to 8' high.  (I've
never seen black spot nor powdery mildew on this one.)

I will appreciate all your suggestions!

Blessings,

Bonnie