RE: OT- just concerned.

Christine Petersen   Northport, New York    Region 4    Zone 7

Dear Donna and all,

I've been very busy with school, family and writing a couple of articles
for the regional daylily publication. Here is my account of Isabel's
sojourn on LI.

The night before Isabel I grouped many of my large and small container
gardens and moved others against the house where they would be more
protected.  Then I picked any daylily seed pods that I thought were
ready enough for fear that those precious pods might be swept away by
wind or water.  Then I got out my digital camera and tried to take
pictures of favorite plant combinations that might be crushed by
morning.  I brought in a daylily bloom from Isabel Hibbard's FINAL
FRONTIER fearing that it might be the last bloom I'd see!  Most of the
images I took are somewhat fuzzy due to the winds that were already
howling!  My son tied up the boats and I stacked the outdoor furniture
and gathered up all the loose plastic pots that had been amassing since
spring.  I had already bought extra batteries while at my morning coffee
stop.  I hoped my husband would get a can of gas for our generator! The
generator is more for the fish, lizards, and other animals then for us!

The winds never woke me up during the night and the next day I saw some
trees down and traffic lights out, but that was about it!  The timing of
the tides was in our favor, so we had no flooding and only a few of my
containers were toppled.  All remaining seedpods are intact!

I am very thankful for our close call with nature!  Living on the water
can be risky, but once again we've been left unharmed!  Thank you for
thinking of me!

Chris