From: Donna  [mailto: justme@prairieinet.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 05:50:36 -0500
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Missouri Botanical Gardens--trip

Melody-- while you are there this weekend, please look for a
decent<br>hotel in the area too.... some of us that may make the trip
would need<br>to stay in the area..... and I hate just picking a hotel,
never know<br>what type of area or condition the rooms are in....
what promises to be a few<br>> good hours of roaming the Missouri
Botanical Gardens<br>website...luscious<br>> pictures. Now I think I'm
going to have to go there this<br>> weekend...haven't been there yet
this year and now I simply must<br>go!!!!!<br>> Good thing the kids are
old enough now to just be able to go on a<br>> whim...and my husband's
best friend and his wife live there so we<br>always<br>> have a handy
place to stay. Anyway, I wanted to tell you all, before I<br>> get
totally absorbed in the website, that if you go to that
site,<br>which<br>> is www.mobot.org, they have a link on the left hand
side of the page<br>> titled "plants in bloom" and you can see what is
currently in bloom,<br>> plus review 8 years of blooming, week by week.
This is kind of a neat<br>> feature because you can look at say all the
2nd weeks in September for<br>> the past 8 years and see what you might
be able to expect were you to<br>> visit at that time in the
future...which makes something like what<br>we've<br>> been talking
about more realistically based. Looks like, from the<br>short<br>>
review I gave it, that September is a gr88888888888 time to
visit<br>MOBOT.<br>> Count me in for sure for any trip we might organize
there in the<br>> future...it's only a four hour drive for us so just
(Z 5/4)<br>> <br>> "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the