RE: strange gardening year

I know the disappointment you are feeling Auralie...

At first I thought it was some of the types of seeds I was using.
Purchased a bunch off ebay and thought-- hum,..... but even the usual
brands purchased from local retailers didn't do any better. I also
planted a row of sunflowers along the side fence (always trying to hide
it) and only got two to sprout and flower. But did have a bunch of
volunteers in the back area from last years crop or birds feeling sorry
for me :)

Even my hollyhocks, which normally are higher than the fence were only
at the very most 2 ft tall.... very strange looking!

My peaches did fine.. well actually too many of them and they cracked
off one of the branches....

I am sure your garden will be much better next year.... (note, I am sure
you will be fine too...)

Donna