Re: Frost

Sorry to hear about your frost. Weather Underground's special weather
statement said that there might be frost here by Friday morning. Frost
before Halloween is practically unheard-of, and Thanksgiving is more normal.

While in New Orleans, don't miss American Aquatic Gardens,
621 Elysian Fields Ave. New Orleans LA 70117-8509 504-944-0410

The New Orleans Botanic Garden in city park has some fine exhibits, or did
when I spoke at their spring and fall garden shows a few years ago.

The trial gardens at UGA will likely be in transition when you come. The big
Hort Trial Garden to-do was last Friday.
Still, there's always something to see, and the Athens Botanical Garden also
has some interesting gardens to roam.
  If you email Allan ahead of time, he, or one of his students would
probably tell you what to expect, and , if they have time, give you a tour.
See http://ugatrial.hort.uga.edu/

Will you be passing through Atlanta? The conservatory and Orchid house are
superb, and the cool weather has a lot of things cranking up again outdoors.

Daryl