From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Daryl
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 6:36 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Frost

The whole UGA campus is an arboretum, so even if you don't see the woody
trials, there's neat stuff. The Hort trial gardens are open 24/7, but they
trade out the Begonias, Pentas and other summer annuals for the Dianthus,
Pansies, Snaps, and such about now. There are a few perennial trials that
carry across the seasons, but I don't know what's there this year. I've
missed all of the open houses this fall. A few years ago, one bank was
filled with Pulmonarias, Heucheras, Tiarellas and Heucherellas. It was
magnificent, but I think they're done with them.

If you have time to hit a couple of garden centers, Goodness Grows and Thyme
After Thyme are worth seeing.

As for me, I flap my lips on several subjects. My favorites are organic
gardening, environmentally friendly gardening, gardening for wildlife, and
gardening with native plants. I guess that most speaking requests are for my
role as  a garden designer, especially since the HGTV show, though. Not a
biggie - just something I do.

If you're going to be in the Atlanta area, let me know. I'd love to show you
around the Atlanta Botanical Garden. They've also renovated the gardens
around the Atlanta History Center. I haven't seen that yet, so it would be
an adventure for me, too.

Daryl