Re: Poison Ivy

Heh, heh, Chris...I have been known to do that very same thing...grab
a big leaf or wad of leaves to grab some PI with...and sometimes, if
there's no bag handy, I just throw it over the fence into the
no-man's land along the side of the road:-)  However, it's "do as I
say and not as I do" when making recommendations to those not used to
dealing with this pest:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Chris@widom-assoc.com
> I follow the same procedure as Marge does in getting rid of poison
ivy.  It
> does help to put the garbage bag in a trash can to keep the bag
OPEN.  Of
> course, I usually don't follow my own advise! In a pinch, I use a
big leaf,
> instead of a bag, to wrap around a small poison ivy plant and then
dump it
> in a trash bag (most of the time "trash bag" translates into any
discarded
> mulch or potting soil bag that I haven't disposed of).  Actually, I
> purposely save those bags for PI or other thugs like nut grass or
Japanese