From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Zemuly@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 7:21 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Help with peonies

In a message dated 9/1/2004 3:11:35 AM Central Standard Time,
mtalt@hort.net
writes:

Where I  am, only the early peonies have much chance.  Even then, the
large,  luscious doubles often turn into sodden brown messes because we
invariably  have major rain just as they come into bloom...every durn
year!

Now isn't that the sad truth!  I don't know why I get excited every
year
when their buds are ready to burst.  I ought to know a severe thunder
storm
(likely with hail) is just around the corner. :-)

zem
zone 7
West TN

http://www.hort.net/funds/