Re: garden lighting

Beachside is an Hawaiian company, Marge. All their fixtures are brass or copper. More pricey than Hadco or Kichler. By the way, the Kichler PRO series of stainless steel transformers, with plug in timers and photocells, are the only ones we use. Very, very reliable.

On Wednesday, September 1, 2004, at 05:15 AM, Marge Talt wrote:

Interesting, Jim...I have specified Kichler fixtures for several
projects and Hadco as well...hadn't heard of Beachside...will go see
if I can find their website.  Kichler is one of the few out there who
manufacture interesting exterior fixtures now that the company I
always used to specify got sold or eaten or something.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
From: james singer <jsinger@igc.org>
Kichler is one of the best, Cathy. Our lighting installs are
usually
combinations of Kichler, Hadco, and Beachside. All good, all
somewhat
pricey. We must have used a dozen different companies before we
weeded
them out on the basis of reliability [replacing defective fixtures
plus
service calls]. Now we've standardized on those three, often
mix-and-match.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W