Re: Re: Re: slugs and lava sand was: Chinese ginger -YoKitty!

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Re: Re: Re: [CHAT] slugs and lava sand was: Chinese ginger -YoKitty!
  • From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 01:23:30 -0400

> From: gardenqueen@academicplanet.com
> It's so rough that they can't crawl over it w/out tearing
themselves up.
> And it's a great conditioner for clay soil also. They've started
> it at Home Depot now here.

Ah...sort of the broken glass for slugs item, huh?  I've often
yearned for a bit of razor wire to put around my Tricyrtis to foil
those slimy critters...maybe this would do the trick and not be as
dangerous to me and the rest of the wildlife:-)  Sounds like it would
be similar to chicken grit for loosening clay soil.  Next time I'm in
my local Home Despot, I'll check around for it.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :