Re: garden lighting

How about a major heavy duty flashlight?  I also have a portable
halogen work light that either sits or can hang....use that when I
have to finish some project in the dark.

I think you'd regret putting a flood like that on your roof...who
knows, local aircraft may try to use your pond as a landing strip if
its too well lit:-)

What about some uplights at the base of trees or large shrubs that
would be nice if lit a bit now and then?  What about some pole
lights?  That puts light up higher, which means it covers more ground
area - there are many decorative ones and a good number of fixtures
come either pole mounted or wall mounted.    Residential poles are
about 6' tall - not the same as parking light or street light poles.

Check out Kichler - http://www.kichler.com/kichlercatalog.jsp

select 'outdoor' from the type list; select the style and finish you
like or ignore those for everything in the category.  When you find
something that appeals as far as shape and size goes, then scroll
down to see what style family it's in and select the link going to
'more in whateverfamily' it is...one of them is bound to be a pole
mount type...

In-ground or pole mounted fixtures usually have to be hard wired...

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :