Re: Frances picture

Just heard on the morning news that landfall is expected at Vero Beach. Nursery where I work used to maintain a large very wealth enclave at Vero, but no longer do. Thank goodness. We've still got our hands full trying to put Boca Grande back together after Charley.

Ms. Fatma will be in New Hampshire by the time Frances makes landfall [wedding]. If Beans and I have to evacuate, we will probably go south to Naples. To go in any other direction would risk crossing the storm's path. At any rate, it is projected to be down-sized to a category 2 before it will have any impact on this area.

On Thursday, September 2, 2004, at 05:01 AM, Marge Talt wrote:

From: james singer <jsinger@igc.org>
16 percent probability we will be within 65 nautical miles of the
eye.
That's all. Last I heard [last night], officials have ordered
mandatory
evacuation for 430,000 residents of the Florida east coast. Your
friends, if I remember about where they live, are probably among
them.
----------

Well, that's scary enough for me!  Do hope you weather this OK,
Jim...if you need to evacuate, come to MD...I've got room:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis