From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 9:13 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Immortality Iris

Well, when I divided them, I TRIED to put an older tuber with some of
the younger off-shoots so you might get a show this fall. But, one of my
dogs went in and messed up my neat little organized pile of freshly
divided iris that I had on the grass...so I kind of had to guess. I tell
ya....trying to garden with two big German Shepherd puppies is not easy.
They take out my plant markers, drink all of the water out of my
birdbath...actually EAT the birdseed (why, I don't know), if I'm
dividing plants, I look behind me and the female has them in her mouth
trotting off like I've given her a treat. I have to run after her and
get it BACK. Oy. Can't wait for them to mature some.

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
Yes, Immortality is the white reblooming Iris that Jesse was so kind in
sending to all who asked. Thanks Jesse. I figured that dividing them
would interupt the cycle and I fully expected to wait until next year
for a bloom.

Kitty