Re: return to cabinetry

Good grief, Kitty...yes, I obviously did NOT recall this.  Well, no
wonder you have problems.  I'da given that dude his walking papers
once he started making excuses, but that's water under the bridge.
That you have cabinets at all is a testament to your perseverance!

I'm not so sure what I did that was marvelous guys?? but I'll accept
all compliments with gratitude:-)

Kitty, you're right on your interpretation of what the stiles and
rails are.  If you didn't glue all around the panel, it may still
have some room to move and be just fine.  If it does crack up on you,
Theresa's idea of replacing the center panel with frosted (or other
decorative) glass is a good one.  You'd probably need to add some
glass stops to hold it in, but it would be easier than trying to
match a wood panel.

If this happens to any of your other panels in future you could
probably get some of those little wood or metal wedges that cabinet
makers use and insert them around the edge from the back to keep the
panel in place - like reinsert the panel in the slots at the edges of
the stiles and rails (I'm assuming there are some) - pushing it over
to one side and putting the wedges in to hold it there....hard to
tell if that would work without actually seeing what you've got, but
it's a thought.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :

> From: kmrsy@comcast.net
> Marge,
> You obviously (chuckle) don't recall (giggle) my messages last year
(he-he) about the cabinet job. (LOL)