RE: Check out Yahoo! Photos - Hollis Pond Pictures 2002

Lovely pond...one of the volunteers I work with at the UT Trial Gardens
just completed her back yard...all walks and beds, no grass.  She also has
a fence around her property that I think makes it much easier to backdrop
the image and contain things.

Friday, I attended an interesting workshop on exotic invasives that are
taking over greenways, public gardens, and private property in TN.  In
addition to the loss of native plants for food and shelter of birds,
butterflies, etc., it seems that the leaf mulch of many of these invasives
are actually changing the chemistry of the soil.  In one of the public park
areas that served as an ID classroom in the afternoon, the invasives are so
thick that nothing much else grows.

Bonnie ETN Zone 7