Re: Zem picture links

In a message dated 9/4/2004 8:38:31 PM Central Standard Time,
gardenqueen@academicplanet.com writes:

do your  cats get more adventurous as they get older?

Actually, Hecate (at six) has hardly ever been out of my bedroom, except
when she goes in the bathroom to drink water out of the sink faucet.  She  went
on the front porch a few years ago and came straight back inside.   Only three
of the ten inside cats ever go outside, (Percy Amadeus, Hyacinth and  Callie),
and they never go further than the front porch.  Callie stays in  the back
yard all day during the summer then comes in before dark.  I can't  let Fleur
out because she was born with spina bifida and can't walk very  well; however,
her upper body is overly developed and she can scale the screen  door and fling
herself out of the top of it, so I have to keep the doors closed  now.
Dempsey, the big white cat, used to take the grate off the vent in  the floor, go
down through the duct work where he had disconnected that, and go  out --
sometimes for days when I was out of town.  However, he was so  afraid he just hid
behind the shrubbery until I came home.  I got the ducts  fixed and screwed
the grate to the floor, and now he has no interest in going  outside.  Harriet
is the oldest at 13, and she will not even sit in an open  doorway, although
she lived outside when I was in Key West.  Think these  cats have me trained?