Re: peony, now Glaucidium, now Aconitum

In a message dated 9/5/04 5:48:01 AM, genebush@otherside.com writes:

<< blooming anemone in white, double deep pink, and silvery-pink >>

Gene, these are one of my favorites for fall bloom.  I have several, white &
pink.  The foliage is so clean. I can't remember ever having damage by insect
or disease.
    The tall Helianthus "Lemon Queen' is exceptionally nice this yr.   I
think I will try an early prune next yr so this will not get so tall.  It does
stand erect, however.
    Have any of you tried the annual Rudbeckia 'Prairie Sun'? This long
bloomer which I started from seed is gorgeous.  It stands so erect & the blooms are
about 6" dia.
    Ceres