kitchen & anemone

OK, by now most of you probably think I got really taken by Craig the
Cabinet guy and that my kitchen is a wreck falling apart at the seems.  So I
have posted pictures if you care to see them.  It's not as bad as I've been
making it sound.  (With the kitchen photos I've included a photo of Anemone
'Bodnant Burgundy')

For the grand total of $4800, Craig:

Removed old overhead light and installed new
Removed all old cabinetry and installed about half of it in my garage
Installed all new custom made cabinets
Installed new custom made free standing cabinets where there had previously
been empty space.
Installed new kitchen counter with same material between upper and lower
Installed new dishwasher
Replaced door to laundry room
Replaced all floor molding and door molding
Installed 'hocky-puck' under cabinet lighting
Rewired the telephone to new location
Replaced oven hood

I did the wallpapering and bought the dishwasher and overhead light, but
Craig purchased and did the rest.  The cabinets were made in his shop
because all the weird sizing in my kitchen made standard cabinets not

Maybe a do-it-yourselfer could have done it for less, but I'm not that
talented.  I'm pretty darned sure that a more reputable craftsman would have
charged me a lot more for this kitchen, but that's all I could afford.  So
it may not be perfect, but I'm reasonably satisfied.