Re: Jim

TV news reader just said there are 4 million persons in Florida without electricity. He also said Frances is now 400 miles east to west and 600 miles north to south. The eye is now about 65 miles NNE of me. If not too much exaggeration that's one very large storm, big enough to cover most of the state. Last time I checked the National Hurricane Center, they were predicting it would get all the way to Indiana before petering out.

On Sunday, September 5, 2004, at 04:58 PM, "" <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com> wrote:

Let's hope so - FL needs no more storms this season at least!

Pam Evans
Kemp, TX
zone 8A
----- Original Message -----
From: james singer
Sent: 9/5/2004 1:06:58 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Jim

I don't know if they've gotten worse, but Florida sure seems to have a
surplus of them this year. We've also got Ivan headed this way about
two weeks out. Ivan is generally following the track blazed by Charley
until Charley pulled an abrupt right turn over Cuba and headed up
Florida's west coast. Maybe Ivan will keep on trucking and end up in
Belize or the Yucatan.