Re: Grit; granite vs. limestone

> From: Richard T. Apking <richa@midlands.net>
> Hi Marge,
>
> I think it's the type of granite, bag says it's "Cherry Stone" form
New Ulm
> MN.  From my travels in that country, New Ulm isn't that far from
Red
> Granite Falls, hence the name.  at least that's my story and I'm
sticking to

Ah..well, that makes a lot of sense - so yours is produced locally.
Sounds rather neat, actually.  Had I seen this before I replied to
Kitty's post, I wouldn't have asked again what was in yours:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis