Re: kitchen & anemone

Well, you know, Kitty, that's not really an old 40's style.  When we
do custom laminate counters in jobs, that's how we detail them
(square corners) only they are manufactured in the millwork shop; not
on the jobsite, so that all laminate is properly adhered and it's not
applied to plywood or 1x4s.  Has to meet whatever AWI quality grade
standards that are selected for the project.

Around here, what you describe is what you can buy off the floor at
Home Despot - ready made style counter tops.  Have you checked with
your local Home Despot or Lowes?

With what you describe, your only recourse is a totally new counter
from cabinet up - once the idiot put on the 2nd layer of laminate so
that it did not adhere properly, that's all she wrote.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Donna <justme@prairieinet.net>
>
> Hum.... maybe Theresa and Marge can help-- seem them do mine and it
> didn't look all that hard... a correct frame, and they just laid on
the
> topping. Of course, they knew what they were doing... I wouldn't
attempt
> it!
>
> Donna
>

> > Oh, the counter........
> > Well, I selected a simple, inexpensive formica.  Craig bought the
> formica
> > cut to size from some company.  But when he glued it to the
counter,
> it
> > had
> > been cut about a foot too short.  So he has them cut it again.
Wrong