Re: Re: "Wuerstchen"

> From: james singer <jsinger@igc.org>
> When my brother-in-law started Vie de France bakery in Washington,
DC,
> early 70s, he "imported" Vietnamese French-trained bakers. The
> baguettes were fantastic.
----------

Lordy, Jim, but you do have connections:-)  Oddly enough, Vie de
France was the bakery I was referring to in one of my earlier posts.
When they started, the bread was as close to what you can get in
France as I've ever had here in the US.  Sadly, it is not anymore
and, if I remember correctly, the reason was mostly to do with the
requirements for ovens dictated by assorted health codes - or maybe
the temp. of dough.....something that took the oomph out.  Could also
be the addition of stuff to increase shelf life (real French bread
has none...buy and eat the same day) - anyway, it ain't the same:-(

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis