Re: Saruma was:overgrown dwarf mugho

In a message dated 09/07/2004 10:26:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:
Auralie, I recall that rose fiasco, but it did all work out in the end.
Who did you order this plant from? Reasonably close to you? Priority
would make it by Friday most anywhere.
The rose fiasco worked out because I threw my weight around, using the State
Federation and the County sponsorship, etc. and they FedExed me a new batch.
Those were very nice plants, and the half-dozen I kept for myself are doing
very
nicely.  I ordered these plants from Gene, with instructions to deliver in
October
because it is so dry here now and things are going to get complicated around
here in just a few days.  I should have a few days in the first week of
October
and maybe we will have rain before then, what with all the tropical storm
activity.  Some of it has to get up this far.

My grandson (#3) has done the art-work for a booklet of poetry by young people
that the State Federation publishes each year.  The chairman of that project
is
a dear friend who, sadly, is suffering from terminal cancer, so it is
important to us
to make it work out.  The booklet should be featured at Fall Conference in
just
a couple of weeks.  Grandson has gone off to college, very excited about being
on his own.  He has promised to send us the work, but so far nothing has
arrived, even though we gave him my FedEx account # so it would cost him
nothing.  If it doesn't come in the next couple of days, we will have to
drive upstate
to his college town - a good four-hour drive from here - to track him down
and get
the material, then drive to the Albany office and probably spend the night
there to
get it duplicated in time for the meeting.  Kyle is a good kid, but a bit
scatter-
brained.  He did this booklet last year, and did a beautiful job - the State
gave him
a nice award for it, and it should have been a plus in his portfolio for
getting into
college.  He seems to have done that on the strength of his LaCrosse playing,
however.
  Other complications coming down the line, like making arrangements for the
upcoming Horticulture School, etc.  So I felt I should not have the plants
sent
until I know I will hae a few free days.