From: james singer [mailto: jsinger@igc.org]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:09:26 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] kitchen & anemone

Are the hinges still made, Gene? A specialty hardware store might be
are wearing out on the cabinets I <br>> had<br>> installed. Have knife
type hinges and the bearings are simply worn away<br>> until the hinges
themselves are eaten away. Especially on the big <br>> doors on<br>> the
pantry cabinet that stands from ceiling to floor. Need two hinges <br>>
on the<br>> right door now. Getting so it does not want to close.<br>>
Schmidt was a family owned cabinet company that was local here. Got<br>>
bought out some years back. Current people are not too crazy about <br>>
servicing<br>> what they did not do the work on.<br>> I loved Indiana
red oak and the cabinets are solid red oak, natural<br>> finish outside,
no finish inside. Everyone wants to paint over them <br>> now.....<br>>
sigh. Have not figured out where the next move will be. Afraid to even
Gardens, llc<br>> www.munchkinnursery.com<br>>
----- Original Message -----<br>> From: "Marge Talt"
<mtalt@hort.net><br>>> Well, Kitty, I think you got a real deal there,
even if Craig was an<br>>> idiot about manufacture and installation. I
only wish my kitchen<br>>> looked so tidy! Lordy! Looks like your
cabinets are oak and given<br>>> that no more doors fall out, they
should last you forever. Mine are<br>>> oak and working on 30

hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!<br>http://

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com