RE: New TN Invasives

True.  I wouldn't have given this as much concern except that I have seen
most of these move into fence rows and areas left to nature during the past
ten years or so.  At first, it was the privet and kudzu that were so
obvious but now I am seeing these other plants and fighting them weekly in
my acre and half.  The group that made the presentations was far from
"rabid" but mostly people who were being called in by others to solve the
problem.  In ETN, you can't even get zoning laws to pass except in the
central cities so I doubt if "national lists" are going to be adopted.

A regional or eco-system approach might help.  The discussion during this
workshop included the fact that problem plants could be different in
various locations.  In fact, I'm wondering if the Johnson City/Bristol area
has as many issues as we do because it is much cooler there.  It would be
interesting to know.
Also find it interesting that a problem plant for FL that most of us never
heard of and had to be shown growing along the road way has recently become
a problem plant here.  And, that many of these plants have come from Asia.

Bonnie ETN Zone 7