Re: Plant Thugs

In a message dated 9/9/2004 12:35:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Zemuly@aol.com writes:

I'd like  that, too.  My trouble is nut grass (sedge), goose grass,
dallisgrass, johnson grass, Bermuda grass and box elders.  Also have  lots
of
sassafras, redbud, elm and dogwood seedlings in my flowers  every year --
not to
mention Virginia creeper, polk weed and wild  grape vines.   Everything here
reseeds
in my flowers.  And  don't even talk about the  walnut and pecan trees that
come up  everywhere!  If I didn't weed all the  time my yard would revert to
forest in no time at all.

zem
zone 7
West  TN

Zem,
    I was a bad weeder this year... after a sprained ankle..  I tried to sit
and just slide myself to do SOME weeding..  But I really got  discouraged when
I slid, smelt something really bad and realized I was sitting  in dog poop.
I generally enjoy weeding, but it really got outta control,  and the weather
was so humid.. I didnt even get a chance to enjoy my  gardens.
So when this humid weather breaks, I have a lot to do outside.

Holli
LI,NY