Re: kitchen & anemone

Well, since you've been using an oil on them, you would likely have
some difficulty getting a varnish or polyurethane to stick to them
properly.  Have you thought about giving them a tung oil finish?
It's not as durable as varnish or poly, but it keeps them from
waterspotting....

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> Thanks Marge.  Yes, the faces are a nice light oak; the cabinets
themselves
> are whatever.  With just me living here, there isn't a lot of wear
and tear.
> My only difficulty is that the wood is simply stained and any water
that
> touches them leaves a lighter discoloration.  I just use Pledge
with orange
> oil to return them to normal, though so it's not that much of a
problem.