aaahhhh, another

Working at the Trial Gardens yesterday, one of the volunteers ID another
of the thugs that have moved into my property...Fatoua villosa (Hairy
crabweed). (We were working on the perennial beds for a meeting next
summer.) The volunteer has a farm with horses and is a member of one of
the riding groups. She and an assistant at the Veterinary School ER
discussed the problem with toxic weeds that many animals get into and
get brought into the ER. The medical people have to figure out what
might have been consumed to deal with the poison.

The volunteer said she was constantly dealing with her pastures and has
around 15 of the 20 plants that are known toxins...some are native and
some exotics.

Fatoua villosa is difficult to get out because it easily breaks off
right above the roots, leaving enough stem to regenerate, and has a
million seeds. Guess I will just have to set aside three or four days
and try to pull out as much as I can before all this stuff sets more
seeds. UGH...I wanted to work on my raised vegetable beds, my raspberry
beds that are taken over with morning glories, and some new walks.

Bonnie ETN Zone 7