Re: Ivan

Ivan does look scary; it seems to be headed toward our sun porch, if not the front door. But I think it's about 24 hours premature to decide to evacuate. If that decision is made, the next decision has got to be, evacuate to where? With Charley, everyone who went north ran right into the storm's path.

At this moment if we do evacuate, I think Miami is our best destination if Ivan doesn't deviate from it's currently projected path. The problem with Miami, of course, is that Monroe county--which is all of the keys from Largo to West--is under mandatory evacuation so a lot of the hotel capacity will be absorbed [up side is no one in their right mind vacations in Florida during hurricane season, so there's probably a glut of rooms to start with].

And, yes, I will take the Power Book.