[no subject]

Another question- I have just received some large canna roots from a person
that can leave them in the ground year round.  Since my climate is too cold
for that, what is the best way to store them?  I can put them in the
basement of my husband's office next door.  It is extremely damp in the
basement (there is an exposed sump pump system for flooding), and I'm not
sure how cold it is down there.  The furnace is in the basement, but I don't
believe that the basement is heated.  The house is heated by hot air, so
there is duct work that might keep part of the basement cooler.  There's a
garage next door that's not heated. There's an attic next door which is
insulated, but unheated. Can the canna be planted and grown in front of a
sunny patio door  for the winter?

What do you think?

Chris
Long Island, NY