Re: Boer Goats/rocks

I don't think they are limestones rocks....our place has a LOT of
underground rocks, most of it just granite like stuff (but I really
don't know what they are...I know what limestone is though cause it was
all over Kansas City and they aren't like that). When we put up our pipe
fence it took forEVER because we had to break rocks before we could put
in the pipe. Pain in the butt.

We keep the billies away from the nannies so that we don't have babies
born in the winter...it's just too hard on them. But we bought four
about 2 weeks ago and two of them were bred already...so we'll have to
watch them this winter.

james singer <jsinger@igc.org> wrote: We finally learned to shear our sheep in December [as well as May] so
the dummies would stay in the barn to give birth when it was cold out.

In the "King of the Hill" photo, are those boulders limestone?

On Friday, September 10, 2004, at 05:50 PM, Jesse Bell wrote:

> and I don't have the set up for them yet. Need a bigger
> barn to keep them from getting wet and cold. But some day...
Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Zone 10a