While we're waiting...

Went to the beach this morning. We haven't been there since before Charley and, man, Charley and Frances have done a job on it. Pretty severe erosion. But it was a beautiful morning and the Gulf was eerily calm.

Afterwards, I went to Selby BG. They have a Kwai Muk [Artocarpus hypargyraeus] tree that is loaded with fruit and some friends ask me to get some seed for them, so I loaded a fanny pack with mushy windfalls--now I've got to wash the seeds out of that mess.

But I also found two plant flowering there that two of the designers and I have been looking for for some time, a dwarf poinciana [Caesalpinia pulcherrima] and a fringed hibiscus [Hibiscus schizopetalus]. Got some pictures and a few seed pods of the dwarf poinciana but the hibiscus will have to wait until next visit.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Zone 10a