Re: Pictures

Thanks, Betsy. I think I'm going to try it. Get one high-priced hybrid that really appeals to me and see if I can grow it in a pot. Do you think I should try something larger than a 16 inch pot?

On Friday, September 10, 2004, at 10:57 PM, Betsy Kelson wrote:

Hi Jim,
I am really far behind in my reading, and I have been growing Stella
D'ORO daylilies in a 16" container with monarda and fragaria. I cannot say
that it performs as well as if it were in the ground. Stella is supposed to
bloom all summer but I rarely get more than two flowering stalks.
It may not be worth growing in a pot if you only get a few weeks of bloom.

betsy kelson
Z4-5

----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Pictures

Great daylilies, Chris. I've always been very fond of them, and have
tried them a few times here. But they seem ill-equipped to compete in
this environment and so become a high-maintenance plant. Maybe I should
try them one more time--but this time in pots. Anyone growing them in
pots? Or will I be the lead investigator on a research project?