Re: Wilt

The one section of my garden has been solarizing for a couple months now. The weed that was growing there is long dead and appears to be disintegrating. So I'm taking that as a good sign. After all the other tomatos are done, I plan to solarize the entire garden until next spring. We'll see how it does. It was a post by Kitty that gave me all the details about the solarizing process and specs on plastic etc.

Donna wrote:

There was a discussion about this back in the spring when Theresa had
this problem. I am sure Kitty has all the info right on her keyboard :)

You could check the archives....

As the thread started there I believe, June 28th.

Theresa was going to try it, so I guess this would be a good time for an
update from her....

Not so sure I would plant my prize plants in that location.....without
doing something and testing first.

I need advise about planting other plants where I've grown tomatoes

some sort of wilt, possibly bacterial. I had been using a small

plot, moving the tomato plants around from year to year. The last two
I've had crop failure. I plan to grow my tomatoes in a different

year, but I 'm not sure what I can grow in the old plot. I was

thinking of

putting some of my daylilies there.

Does anyone have experience with the above?

Long Island, NY
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)