From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:38:07 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Glaucidium fresh seed question

Thanks so much Gene. I'm going to try some myself. Anyone else want
some<br>Glaucidium seed? This is a peony relative from Japan with
gorgeous flowers.<br>I also have some Fritillaria radeanna seed (like F
imperialis but pale<br>yellow flowers, no bad smell, a tad shorter) if
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 6:17
Well, Kitty<br>> If the seeds are tan or brown paper-ery with the bump
in the middle,<br>> they I would not worry about rot. Just keep them dry
between a piece of<br>> paper towel and mail in the padded envelope so
they do not get crushed in<br>> the postal service canceling and sorting
machines. Have your friend go on<br>> and sew as soon as she can. They
will do best if not allow to freeze once<br>> they have been sown and
moistened. Cool... below 40 degrees over winter,<br>but<br>> not
www.munchkinnursery.com<br>> genebush@munchkinnursery.com<br>> Zone 6/5
"Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net><br>> > Gene, or anyone,<br>> > My Glaucidium
seed pods were just beginning to crack open so I harvested<br>> > them.
This is one of those seeds that needs to be sown fresh. I
do<br>still<br>> > lay it out to dry, though, don't I? I plan to send
some to a friend in<br>> > Canada and I don't want them to rot on the
way, but I want her to get<br>them<br>> > as fresh as possible. So what
is the procedure for harvested seed that<br>> > needs to be fresh as

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com