Re: Bulbs

In a message dated 09/15/2004 8:28:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
L_Valentine@adelphia.net writes:

What is everybody planting and what mail order companies did you buy from?
John Scheepers, Inc.
    Anemone blanda 'Charmer'
    Ipheion Univlorum 'Wisley Blue'
    Tulipa 'Orange Emperor'
    T. 'Hans Ansrud'
    T. 'Mariette'            can't grow many tulips because of the deer, but
have to have some.
    Narcissi 'Elizabeth Ann'
    N. 'Hillstar'
    N. 'Silver Chimes'
    N. 'Precocious'
    N. 'Moneymaker'     my DH picked these - he usually doesn't show any
interest at all
                                so I ordered all the ones he checked.

High Country Gardens
    N. 'February Gold'
    N. 'Quail'
    N. 'Hawera'
    N. canaliculatus
    T. greigii 'Oratorio'
    T. chrysantha
    T. tarda
    T. x 'Little Princess'
    Iris danfordiae
    Allium azureum
    Crocus 'Snow Bunting'        All these will go in the space opened up
where I had to
                                            take out an overgrown Mugho pine.
 I'm gambling on the
                                            dwarf species tulips in hopes
planting them among the
                                            daffodils will protect them
somewhat.  All of these are
                                            small because they will go right
in the front of the bed
                                            on the corner beside the drive.

                                            Also for this bed I have ordered
from our good friend
                                            Gene plants which he has so
nicely agreed to send
                                            to me by UPS even though that is
an extra chore
                                            for him
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens
    Saruma henryi
    Athyrium filix-femina 'Victoriae'
    Paxistima canbyi
    Epimedium pubigerum 'Orange King'

    Now I want a new peony, and once I have that, I will show some restraint
and order
nothing more for next spring.  Does anyone have a favorite online source for
peonies?

http://www.hort.net/funds/