Re: Raspberry scented rose

The first raspberry scented rose that comes to my mind is Zephirine  Drouhin,
and antique staple in any Southern garden.  It is virtually  thornless.  It
is always described as a climber, and unless Bambi is  pruning mine for me, it
grows pretty slowly.  I've had mine for a few years  now, and it is no more
than five feet tall.  I have it trained against an  antique gate.

I also found a hybrid tea from Jackson & Perkins that was described as
having a raspberry scent.  The name of that cultivar is Veterans'  Honor.  I think
J&P donates money to veterans with each rose  sold.

Zephirine Drouhin can be bought from The Antique Rose Emporium in Brenham,
TX. (_www.weAREroses.com_ (http://www.weAREroses.com) )

zem
zone 7
West TN