Re: Re: Cannas in zone 7?

> From: kmrsy@comcast.net
> I have Sternbergias blooming here now. This is their 3rd year
> since Peter sent them to me. Not supposed to be hardy here, but
seem to
> be doing ok.

And mine, who still live in a pot, are blooming away, too..more
flowers than I've ever seen before.  One of these years I'm gonna get
brave and plant at least some of them outside to see what
happens....giving them the dry summer they want will be a challenge;
am thinking maybe under the house eve on the south side where it
stays pretty dry.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs