Re: Visit to Plant Delights

In a message dated 9/16/04 7:57:25 PM, hodgesaa@earthlink.net writes:

<<  I looked at my class notes from Plant Delights and all of this stuff

is for zone 7, MAYBE zone 6 with protection. >>

Andrea, I do have lots of plants that are not hardy for me but winter them
over in my garden room.
    Detail information on these plants are difficult to find.  Example, I
have cut back my mandevillas in the fall before moving inside because they are so
huge.  I just found some infor saying they should be pruned early spring and
will then bloom on new wood.
    One of the plants I tried this year is Thunbergia grandiflora.  It is
absolutely gorgeous at this time.  I have it planted in a lg hi gloss blue
container and is wrapped around a copper (approx 14" dia) obelisk which is totally
covered with plant & bloom.  The blooms are very lg , vased shaped blue. I have
no information how it will winter or when I should prune it.  Have you grown
this one?