Re: Re: troughs / shrubs

Hello Ceres,
Yep...Leptodermix oblonga. Very small ones in 5 pint containers. Should have still been in 4 inch pots, really. Just an experiment to play with since I only knew it from a catalog. The 3 Forsythia I came home with was all gold leaves... I can not find a label, but know the nursery who donated them, so can call and get the information at some point. hopefully before I get around to transplanting them.
The dwarf black gum was just under two feet at the sale. Told it would eventually reach perhaps 5 feet in a lifetime. Cool! Since blackgum seems to be making a comeback in gardens, I believe I will carry couple of cultivars next spring if I can get them.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Gene, was this Leptodermix oblonga? If so, this was one I ordered last
winter for spring delivery but not til they sent my order did they tell me they
were out of it. If this is the one, I believe Kitty said they had one in their
MG garden.
Did you see the variegated foliage Forsythia? I have a very small
cutting of one hope it will materialize.
How big is dwarf blk gum? I am not familiar with the Viburnums but will
do a search when I have time.
Ceres