Re: 30" rice paper leaf

Hello Tricia,
I think this one has already been answered in part by others. When we do hypertufa here we work in an area where the troughs can be left undisturbed for a while, or place them on boards so they can be carried to a spot. Each project is placed in a garbage bag and tied off loosely. We open the bag after a few days to check for moisture... spray a bit if we do not see condensation on the inside of the bag, close off again. Everything gets to cure for 7 to 10 days before being knocked out of the forms. Then they are touched up a bit if needed and placed back on the table for a while longer where it is dry. Come this winter they will go outside to ride with the weather and cure. You can also set your work near a hose and spray them down each day for a while to leach them out.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "pdickson" <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
Ceres and Gene,
I left my biggest cement rice paper leaf outside yesterday and last night
for the first time. I didn't think anything could happen to it but this
morning after a light shower it has broken in 3 pieces. It broke along the
spine... which was pretty deep. I guess I should have made it thicker and
then not left it out? What would you think I would need to do so that it
could stay outside?
Tricia