From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 6:25 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Ivan, new targets?

Afraid not, Bonnie. But they will be back next year. And the year
after, and the year after that. Nature, in spite of our clumsy
interventions, is relentless [but not always pure].

About alligators, I have a picture of one tacked to the cork board next
to where I am sitting. The picture was taken by one of the lunatics I
work with. He [the lunatic, not the alligator] crawled up to the
critter on his belly to take the picture. If you'd like to see it, I'll
get a nice person at the office to scan it next week.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Zone 10a