From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of gardenqueen@academicplanet.com
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 8:38 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Miniessay: Autumn, believe it or....

Is to me too Jim - 45 is d*** cold!

Pam Evans
Kemp, TX
zone 8A
----- Original Message -----
From: james singer
Sent: 9/27/2004 6:10:55 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Miniessay: Autumn, believe it or....

We had a high sweep into the area today and bathe us with warm, dry
air. No dew on my truck this morning, first AM in months. Maybe 80
degrees when I went to work at 6 AM. Can't explain it but it "feels"
like fall, like I ought to start rummaging in the dresser to find the
long pants and the sweatshirts.

We complain about the heat where I work because most of us [but not me]
have to work out in it; we complain even more about chilly weather.
Hot, windy rain is much more acceptable than 45 degrees ambient
temperature.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W