Re: Just a test

Who knows, but as I emerge from weeks of hysteria - well briefly; it
continues - I found out last weekend when Graham Birkin visited
(hellebore breeder from UK) that Homeland Security, for unknown
reasons, has purged the experienced USDA plant inspectors at the
airports where plants being imported arrive.  Why, one has to wonder?
 Seems there are no experienced staff left so those importing plants
are at wits end with the inexperienced destroying or rejecting
perfectly good plants that meet all requirements for import...from
Kitty's post, this seems to be born out in the stopping of certain
bulb shipments.   Daffodil bombs (but only certain cultivars -
right?)...what's next?

Insanity is certainly the word for what's going on these days.  Just
read a newsletter I get saying that Homeland Security has gotten shot
down in the courts on issuing letters to ISPs requiring personal,
confidential information about subscribers that forbid the ISPs to
tell the subscribers or even their own legal staff....if we are not
very careful, the McCarthy era will look tame here.  While government
has, of necessity, to have some means of dealing with terrorists, we
have to be real careful that our basic freedoms are not totally lost
in hysteria.  Currently, there are rafts of police stopping all
traffic passing the capitol in DC - they look into the cars and let
you pass; slows traffic incredibly.  Like  this has any effect on
stopping terrorism...like  a half-witted terrorist is going to carry
a bomb visible in a car and labeled 'BOMB'...I mean, really.  Last
time I went up Independence past the Capitol, there were 12 cops in
teams of 2 doing this...at what cost (on many levels), one has to
wonder.

Insanity reigns!

back to work now....

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland