Re: Katrina cont > today

I thought NG troops were the ones to bring food and water as well as
maintain peace. I realize charities , Red Cross, etc help, but I thought
NG were quickly mobilized and able to transport necessities. I did see
some NG troops delivering water etc on TV last night. The NG will not
solve all these people's problems, but they can get there relatively
quickly and help with immediate needs. I agree these poor people need
more than the NG, but help from anywhere is appreciated. I just feel if
more of our troops were home, they'd be able to supply more help, more
quickly.

Kitty

-- james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net> wrote:
Don't want to sound picky, but if you are hungry, thirsty, and
disenfranchised, "sending in National Guard troops" doesn't quite cut
it. National Guard troops are what the Fox News thumb suckers say they
need. What the folks really need is help. Real help. Food, water, and a
way out of that mess. Now. Not when Haliburton gets a contract. Now.
Now. Now.

On Sep 1, 2005, at 7:33 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing
Center wrote:

> They are sending in National Guard troops, Jim, but it's a shame so
> many of
> our NG are on the other side of the world instead of here where we need
> them.  We are just spread soooooooo thin.  Yeah, be patient.  I bet
> many of
> those people feel so lost and abandoned.
>
> Kitty

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W