Re: Katrina cont > today

I agree with David.  Study and study showed that the NO area was extremely
vulnerable...the disappearance of barrier islands, the fact that the entire
system could only withstand a level 3 hurricane.  The Army Corps of
Engineers had asked for funds for upgrading the NO area system for years
and had been rebuffed. In addition, from a national security point of view,
with all those refineries in the area, more focus should have been made on
the area...it is as vulnerable as the border.  What if terrorists decided
to hit us with eight refineries down, two states with limited power, and
interstate and Mississippi river traffic interrupted.

Bonnie ETN Zone 7