Re: Musa/clay

Perhaps different species of Musa make a difference.  I have an edible
banana, planted in the worst clay soil, goes through flooding at times, and  does
wonderfully, producing clusters of the best tasting bananas every  year.  Most
of the bananas here in this area seem to be planted  in areas where not much
else will grow, much like cannas, or such.  Perhaps  other climate conditions
dictate how well they do in clay....how quickly it  dries out, humidity, or
such.  I dont' know, I can just say what my  experience has been.  Jim might have
more perspective on this.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 9/2/2005 11:02:35 PM Central Standard Time,