Response to Katrina

Jim, I usually agree with everything you say, but I have been really impressed
with Haley Barbour's actions during this hurricane disaster.  I listened to MS
Public Radio all day on Monday, and he was nearly always available to comment
on what was being done.  In case you all don't know, Mississippi has a
statewide public radio system.  There are different stations located around
the state, but the programming is all the same.  I live about four miles north
of the state line, and I can listen to one continuous broadcast all the way to
the Alabama coast.  It is a great system which I wish Tennessee would emulate.
Anyway, back to the gov, he was obviously affected by the ferocity of and
subsequent damage from Katrina.  I thought he did a lot to reassure the
citizens of his state.

Just my two cents,
zem