Re: I'm sad

So sorry, Cyndi.  It really hurts to lose a pet.
Auralie

In a message dated 09/04/2005 4:40:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil writes:
My almost 12-year old rottweiler died Friday. She hadn't been feeling well
for the last month, refusing to eat much and panting a lot. We thought at
first it was stomach upset caused by her arthritis medicine, and she rallied
a little after we took her off it, but it didn't last long. I put her on
prednisone for a few days and she really perked up but it was an illusion. A
chest x-ray showed an enlarged heart, lungs filled with fluid, and masses of
something inside where there shouldn't be anything. Cancer I guess.
So it was the end of the road for Roxie. I used to call her my Rocket dog
because she was always lit up. I can't believe so much energy had to get old
and die. She was a real character and I'm going to miss her forever.
But never look back, they say. In a few months when I'm over the worst of
this we'll be looking for another Rott that needs a home. In the meantime
give your pets a hug for me.