Re: Katrina today

I saw that to. The Jews have a word for it: chutzpah.

On Sep 5, 2005, at 11:05 AM, Libby Valentine wrote:

I agree - don't think race is the top factor here. Saw a newspaper article
this morning that Halliburton has been given the contract to fix 3 levee
breaks. Apparently they're qualified because they've been doing repair work in
Irag. Hmmmm.

Libby
Maryland zone 6

Finally had to tune in the U.S. Open today to get away from the
on-going ineptitude.

Whether or not it's a race thing seems to be getting a lot of play at
the moment, and I think it's not. I think it's a class thing. These
victims don't own refineries and don't contribute to political
campaigns, so who needs them? Surely not Haley Barber and his
sanctimonious ilk.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W